MOVIE SCREENING “PARTICLE FEVER”
For the first time, a film gives audiences a front row seat to our generation’s most significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. Particle Fever follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large Hadron Collider, marking the start-up of the biggest and most expensive experiment in the history of the planet, pushing the edge of human innovation. (Trailer)
The movie is a documentary produced by physicist David E. Kaplan together with Academy Award winning film editor Walter Murch (The Godfather I-III, Apocalypse Now).
David Kaplan, producer and physicist and Fabiola Gianotti, the designated CERN Director General will be joining the event. Both are protagonists of the movie. Following the movie there will be a discussion with David Kaplan and Fabiola Gianotti.
- Date: Saturday, 25 July 2015
- Time: 21:00
- Running time: 100 min / English with German subtitles
- Address: Altes AKH, Spitalgasse 2, 1090 Vienna
- Place: due to bad weather forecast the movie will be shown in the lecture hall C1 (Courtyard no. 2, Entrance 6)
- Public Transport: take tram 44 or 43 from station “Schottentor” to station “Lange Gasse”
- Walking distance: approx. 13 min.
- Entrance free
- Map: Please have a look at the map for the respective locations.