“FESTSAAL” AT THE AUSTRIAN
ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
The main building of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is located in a baroque building which originally was home of the University of Vienna. The building, designed by the Lorrainese architect Jean Nicolas Jardot de Ville-Issey, was erected in 1753-1755. Johann Enzendorfer, Daniel Christoph Dietrich and Johann Adam Münzer carried out its construction. The inauguration by Emperor Franz I. and Empress Maria Theresia took place on April 10th, 1756. Since 1857, it hosts the administration of the Academy and a few of its numerous research units.
This building has a festive hall with an impressive ceiling fresco, which will be the location of a concert evening.
Here you can find the concert program.
This Concert is not included in the conference fee and has to be paid separately.
- Date: Monday, 27 July
- Time: 19:30
- Address: Dr. Ignaz Seipel Platz 2, 1010 Vienna
- Place: Festsaal
- Public Transport: Underground 2 “Schottentor” (direction Karlsplatz) to station “Volkstheater”, change to underground 3 (direction Simmering) to “Stubentor” – takes approx. 11 min.
- Walking distance: approx. 25 min.
- Maximum number of participants: 300
- Ticket costs: € 10,00 (bookable at the online registration)
- Map: Please have a look at the map for the respective locations.